Worldwide, there is a growing desire among men and women alike to look and feel younger. This increased demand is driving rapid and exciting advances in the efficacy, safety and outcomes of technologies, practices and procedures in the anti-aging and aesthetic medicine fields. To stay abreast of this groundswell in cosmetic medicine trends, South African medical and aesthetic practitioners will come together from 20 - 22 July 2012 at the Vineyard Hotel in Cape Town for Cosmedica 2012, South Africa's premier international aesthetic congress.
Cosmedica is more than just a showcase of the latest and leading techniques and procedures, it is a highly interactive and often hands-on congress that affords doctors the opportunity to develop their skills and training in aesthetic practices. From presentations to live workshops and hands-on training, Cosmedica covers all the bases for an audience that is thirsty for knowledge in a distinctly fluid and dynamic field.
Dr. Anushka Reddy, a medical doctor and anti-aging and aesthetic treatment specialist with extensive international training and experience, who is also owner of Medi-Sculpt Aesthetic Solutions and President of the South African Association of Cosmetic Doctors (SAACD), is Course Director of the congress.
Cosmedica is endorsed by the SAACD and shares that body's goal of elevating aesthetic medicine practices in South Africa to world-class standards, all the while improving the level of safety and professionalism that consumers can expect from the industry.
The third annual Cosmedica congress has again attracted a panel of international experts from South Africa and around the world, who will come to address their peers on a wide range of topical developments, issues and practices in aesthetic medicine.
These leading authorities will address topics that include, among others:
- Advanced Laser treatment for burns, acne, psoriasis, liposuction and body contouring, skin rejuvenation, hair removal, vascular treatment and scar revision;
- Trends in Aesthetic Surgery;
- Complications of Aesthetic Procedures;
- Advances, best practices, complications and pitfalls in the field of injectables, including Neuromodulators (like Botox) and Dermal Fillers (like Restylane); and
- Plasma Rich Platelet Therapy in skin care, Microdermabrasion, Acne Management, Chemical Peels, Photodynamic Therapy, Melanoma, Keratosis Pilaris and Vitiligo.
For more information on these and other topics on the programme, visit the website www.cosmedica.co.za