IAB Digital Summit & Bookmarks
Marketing & Media jobs
- UX Designer Cape Town
- Television Lecturer Cape Town
- Counter Sales Clerk - Electrical/Power Supplies Johannesburg
- Animator Johannesburg
- Digital Strategist Cape Town
- Sales Agent Countrywide
- Senior Multimedia Designer Johannesburg
- Community Manager Johannesburg
- Digital Print Operator - Large Format Cape Town
- Senior Art Director Johannesburg
2019 Bookmark judges are announced
Jerry Mpufane, chairman of the M&C Saatchi Abel JHB Group and jury president of the 2019 Bookmark Awards.
The Bookmark Awards seeks to recognise and reward digital excellence and empower all members of the digital media and marketing industry to thrive in the digital economy.
Jerry Mpufane, chairman of the M&C Saatchi Abel JHB Group and jury president of the 2019 Bookmark Awards says, “I’m excited to be joined by this Bookmarks jury, a group of professionals who bring a diverse point of view to judging the best in digital. Our job is to define what is considered to be the brave and innovative in digital, setting apart what the industry will agree is the benchmark. We are experiencing a great response in the number of entries submitted, and cannot wait to get stuck in.”
Seven clear jury panels
The IAB has listened to industry feedback and has divided the judging of work into seven clear jury panels: marketers, builders, publishers, innovation engineers, gamers, performance marketing and special honours. The Innovation Engineers jury is led by Jade Amic: creative director at VML; Gamers by Candice Goodman CEO of Mobitainment; Marketers by Tseliso Rangaka: executive creative director at Ogilvy; Publishers by Izak Minnaar from SABC; Builders, Luke Jedeikin co-CEO of Superbalist; Performance Marketing, Clare Trafankowska: head of digital at Carat Possibilities and Special Honours will be chaired by Charlene Beukes is GM of 24.com.
Paula Hulley, CEO of the IAB SA says, “We have a curated strong, highly-skilled, diverse panel of judges that represent the evolution of the digital industry, and South African audiences. We feel privileged to hear their unique insights on this year’s work.”
This year, the entry criteria and measurement process for the Bookmark Awards was simplified, empowering all those entering to demonstrate what they have achieved to best set them up for success.
Build brands digitally
Ernst van der Merwe, creative director at Creative Spark and IAB SA Bookmarks Committee lead says “The Bookmark Awards celebrate the body’s key strategic pillar to ‘build brands digitally’ and the award’s core values of creativity, innovation and excellence. The awards consistently strive to offer a host of practical examples of how marketers, agencies and publishers have executed digital campaigns to deliver sustainable impact on their business. Bookmarks 2019 is about allowing brands to be brave and giving them the platform and tools to illustrate the business impact of their campaigns”.
The IAB SA is proud of its multi-faceted panel of judges and is excited to see the result of their work in the coming months - specifically with regards to business impact and creativity.
Full list of judges
- Jury chair: Tseliso Rangaka, executive creative director, Ogilvy.
- Thandeka Mali: lead creative strategist, Showmax.
- Leigh Augustus: CEO and strategist, The Niche Guys.
- Lorraine Landon: head of agencies, Google.
- Camilla Clerke: creative director, Hellocomputer.
- Zia Namooya: CEO, Mindshare Worldwide.
- Samu Makhathini: account director, Kantar MillwardBrown.
- Gareth McPherson: group executive creative director, Publicis Machine.
- Emma Carpenter: creative director, Accenture Interactive.
- Ryan McManus: chief creative officer, VML South Africa.
- Suzanne Myburgh: digital marketing and media head, FNB.
- Priya Thakoor: chief digital officer, Coca-Cola.
- Veli Ngubane: CCO/founder, Avatar.
- Aviv Weil: creative strategist, Facebook.
- Jury chair: Luke Jedeikin, Co-CEO, Superbalist.
- Hayley Doron-Weil: digital creative director, FCB.
- Rory Jacobs: multimedia creative director, The Niche Guys.
- Phillipa Hickman: tech lead, VML South Africa.
- Audrey Naidoo: head digital marketing, Absa.
- Walter Madzonga: group executive, Independent Media.
- Danielle Mascher: head of development, Digitas Liquorice.
- Agisanang Masekela, creative director, Ogilvy Johannesburg.
- TinaShe Makwande: publisher News24, 24.com.
- Annette Muller: CEO and founder, Flexy force.
- Riaan Wolmarans: managing editor: digital, Tiso Blackstar.
- Emma Dicks: co-founder, Code Space.
- Jury chair: Izak Minnaar, editor: SABC Digital News, SABC.
- Chris Louw: head of digital content, Caxton.
- Razia van der Schuur: group head: social media, Independent Media.
- Musa Kalenga: chief future officer, Brave Group.
- Terry Levin: creative director, Bizcommunity.
- Uno de Waal: MD, Between 10 and 5.
- Deirdre Ingpen: head of commercial, 24.com.
- Lebogang Boshomane: editor Sowetan Live and Sunday World Online, Tiso Blackstar.
- Jocelyne Muhutu-Remy: strategic media partnerships, Facebook Africa.
- Charlotte Kilbane: editor in chief, EWN.
- Jacquie Mullany: creative director, VML South Africa.
- Jury chair: Jade Amic, creative director, VML.
- Ahmed Kajee: head of digital marketing and social media, Nedbank.
- Brendan Arries: senior front-end developer, Hellocomputer.
- Gregory King: creative director, Ogilvy.
- Amanda Louw Bester: founder – consultant, Pragmattica.
- Ricky Hendricks: digital marketing manager, Tencent Africa.
- Elizma Nolte: regional marketing manager, Facebook.
- Ernst van der Merwe: executive creative director, Creative Spark.
- Jury chair: Clare Trafankowska, head of digital, Carat.
- Cherise Rogers: head of Fast, Mindshare.
- Matthew Arnold: chief engagement officer, VML.
- Parusha Partab: head of strategy, Nova (formerly Creative Spark).
- Ariel Sumeruk: MD, Conversion Science.
- Farahnaz Thompson: general manager operations TSS, 24.com.
- Tasmin Kingma: head of media, Hoorah.
- Antonio Petra: innovation, data, and digital director, FCB.
- Pilira Mwambala: Ad operations director, Mark 1.
- Naledi Mashego: managing director, Black Cherry Media.
- Bea Strauss: head of supply, AdJoin Media.
- Naledi Mashego: managing director, Black Cherry Media.
- Jury chair: Candice Goodman, CEO, Mobitainment.
- Graham Talbot: national head of development and technology, Ogilvy.
- Adrien Dawans: creative technologist, VML South Africa.
- Luane Swart: head of development, MobiMedia.
- Smilo Gosa: manager for Ekasi Esports mgo (Multi-gaming organisation), Ekasies Sports.
- Carmen Murray: founder, Boo-Yah!.
- Jury chair: Charlene Beukes: GM, 24.com News, 24.com News.
- Alistair Mokoena: chief executive officer, Ogilvy South Africa.
- Andrew Levy: MD, Umuzi.
- Chris Borain: MD, One Republic.
- Lisa MacLeod: head of digital, Tiso Blackstar.
- Julia Raphaely: CEO, Associated Media Publishing.
- Ben Schoderer: digital manager, Yum! Restaurants International, Africa.
- Jarred Cinman: CEO, VML.
- Karabo Songo: Group CEO, Brave Group.
- Wayne Hull: CEO, Accenture Interactive.
- Asha Patel: head of marketing, Google.
- Paula Hulley: CEO, IAB.
- Kantha Govender: general manager: IAB.
For more information on the Bookmark Awards, click here.