Individuals are faced with a blizzard of media messages on a daily basis. This can make it difficult for your brand to stand out in the crowd. However, if you create engaging, informative and noteworthy content this can amplify your brands exposure. In order to do this effectively you have to understand your audience's needs and wants as this will enable you to determine what type of content will resonate with them.
Individuals will like and share content for a variety of reasons. They may share a particular type of content in order to define themselves to others. Sharing content regarding animal welfare, for example, emits the message that you care about animals. Individuals may also share content if they find it interesting, informative and useful and if they feel it will benefit others. Sharing content helps people generate interactions and form relationships with others that have similar interests. Individuals may also share content to help create exposure and recognition for a particular brand or service.
By adhering to certain strategies the chances of your content being noticed or even shared can increase dramatically. The following tips will increase the likelihood of your content being shared:
• Create content that will assist individuals to form relationships with others, not just your brand.
• Provide accurate and informative content as this will establish you as a reliable source of information.
• Don’t try and use the fanciest terminology you can find, keep your content simple and relatable.
• Create positive content that is relevant and unique. Not only will this increase the chances of your content being noticed, it will help create positivity around your brand.
• Content layout is very important. The majority of people will scan an article paying attention to certain keywords. Make sure your content layout is user friendly where heading, subheadings, paragraphs, bullet points and relevant images are used.
• Act quickly. Speed is essential in social media. When you instantly respond to any questions or concerns your audience members may have you form relationships with them, keeping them engaged.
• Remember emotional appeal. People are more likely to share content that they can relate to or that creates an emotional response. Did you find your content informative? Did it make you laugh or engage you in some way? If not, then how can you expect your audience to gain anything out of it?
• Know your audience. The more you know about your audiences interests, wants and needs, the better your chances are of creating content that is shareable and likeable. Tools such as social media analytics can assist you with gaining in-depth knowledge about your audience.
So, remember to create content that is informative, relatable, engaging, and accurate. If you do this, while ensuring it resonates with your target audience then you will increase the chances of your content being liked or shared.