For the seventh year running, Good Hope FM's Toy Toy campaign is back, with the Nigel Pierce Show - Mon-Fri 9am to 12pm - broadcasting live from the offices of various corporates across Cape Town. The station collects toys for disadvantaged children in the city.
"We're doing something small, but in many households, we make an impact and we also take the pressure off some parents who can't afford to buy their child a toy. Thank you Cape Town," says Pierce.
With the annual campaign raising over R1 million and over 1200 crates of toys during the past six years, the station is hoping that people in the city will once again open their hearts.
Dates and broadcast locations
- Tuesday 6 November - Sell Direct, 6th Floor Sanclaire Building, 21 Dryer Street, Claremont
- Wednesday 7 November - Pick 'n Pay, Race Course Road, Kenilworth
- Thursday 8 November - Sanlam, 2 Strand Road, Bellville
- Friday 9 November - Media 24, On the Dot, Sacks Circle, Bellville South
- Monday 12 November - MTN Heron Place, Heron Crescent, Century City
- Tuesday 13 November - Metropolitan, Corner of Parc du Cap and Mispel Roads
- Wednesday 14 November - Vodacom, 082 Century Drive, Century City
- Thursday 15 November - Caltex, Chevron House, 19 DF Malan Street, Cape Town
- Friday 16 November - Woolworths, Palmyra Store, Palmyra Road
Capetonians who are keen to participate in this campaign can also drop toys off at the foyer of the SABC Building at 209 Beach Road, Sea Point, Cape Town.For more, go to www.goodhopefm.co.za