The Institute of People Management Convention (IPM), Africa's premier Human Resource (HR) and business leadership event, will take place on 11 to 14 November 2012 at Sun City. The convention and exhibition will bring together HR stakeholders and business leaders to engage on issues and challenges as well as exchange views on innovative approaches around latest development and trends in the field of people management and business leadership.
The business environment has faced such rapid changes and fierce competition for markets and resources lately that there is now a stronger need for HR practitioners to step up and lead their organisations into the future. This year's convention will have a particular focus on the following:
- Leading the Organisation
- Building Capacity
- Delivering Business Results.
Prominent Speakers such as Mduduzi Comfort Manana - Deputy Minister of Higher Education; Justice Malala; TV presenter and political commentator, authors and researchers will explore issues that have a profound impact on business leadership and critical challenges and trends including the following:
- The value of HR as a strategic business leader
- Branding and marketing the HR team
- HR trends and their implications for business
- How technology is radically changing the world of work
- HR competencies that make a difference
- Best practice capability building
- Effective and sustainable change management
- How can technology enhance the delivery capacity of HR
- HR as a strategic capacity builder
- Competing for the future
- The impact of tax legislation on people management and payroll
- Labour laws, their strategic value and impact on employer/employee relations
- Blueprint for the future of HR
- Employee engagement essentials
The convention will also provide members with easy access to the latest information, expertise, training, development, systems, processes and networks in people management. All HR professionals and business executives are invited to participate in the convention.
Click on the following links if you would like to join the Institute and/or participate in various initiativeshttp://www.linkedin.com/pub/ipm-institute-of-people-management/42/519/944https://twitter.com/#!/IPM4PEOPLEwww.ipm.co.za