From 11am to 5pm daily from 18-28 April, catch some of Jozi's and SA's hottest chefs as they present mouth-watering and inspiring culinary demonstrations in the SA Chefs Theatre.
Visitors will be treated to entertaining food and drink demonstrations by members of Culinary Team South Africa, esteemed local chefs and other top names from the hospitality industry. There will also be a programme of culinary videos.
Get inspired and learn how to create dishes to tantalise the tastebuds, pick up tips from professional chefs, and sample seasonal and local offerings.
Spot prizes will also be given away throughout the 11 days of the show. HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
(PLEASE NOTE: Programme is subject to change without notice.) MEET SOME OF THE CULINARY TALENT SA CHEFS THEATRE PROGRAMME OF EVENTS (PLEASE NOTE: Programme is subject to change without notice.) THE RAND SHOW 2014DATES:
- Cooking local signature dishes with Dorah Sithole.
- Deena Naidoo cooks with the Fry's Authentic range of crispy prawns, spicy sausage, lamb-style chunks and chicken-style chunks.
- Mixology and the art of cocktails, with Pieter Oosthuizen of Shakers SA.
- "Molecular Gastronomy" with Edward Clegg of Culinary Team SA.
- Local kasi cuisine with Jelele Mokhine of Orion Hotels.
- Baking with Viv Loader of The Patisserie.
- Thai food with Micky Lu of Sai Thai SA.
- Local signature dishes with Mokgadi Itsweng.
- South African cuisine on a plate, Vusi Ndlovu from the Saxon Hotel and Culinary Team SA.
From Friday 18 April to Monday 28 April, 2014. SHOW HOURS:
Gates open daily at 9am. Ticketing booths into the showgrounds close at 6pm, although the show closes at 7pm. VENUE:
Johannesburg Expo Centre, Rand Show Road, Nasrec. (GPS - S26°14.810' E27°68.695') TICKETS:
R100 for adults, R50 for pensioners over 65, R50 for teens aged 13-16, R20 for kids aged 6 to 12, and FREE for children under six.
Tickets are available at the gate or through Computicket. (There is no surcharge on Computicket tickets.) VALUE:
Tickets give visitors free entry to the majority of the Rand Show's top attractions. TOP ATTRACTIONS:
The Naked Scientist; SNOW Time, the Rand Show's winter wonderland of snow; The Pit Bull International Xtreme Motor Show; SA's Strongest Man Qualifier; Theuns Jordaan, Swing City, Dozi and Tokyo Groove, plus many more in concert on the Showtime Stage; the Blackball Premier League playoffs; the SA Chefs Theatre; SANDF military displays and exhibits; the Animal Kingdom with bird and snake shows; and playtime for kids in Tumble Town.