With one in three marriages now ending in divorce, it is imperative that each one of us is informed on the pitfalls, challenges and legal aspects involved in divorce and separation. Other rules and laws may apply to the many couples who prefer to cohabit rather than get married, but they, too, need to be informed of their rights when the relationship breaks down.
Everyone's Guide to Divorce and Separation
informs readers on the following crucial aspects:
Everyone's Guide to Divorce and Separation will prove to be an indispensable and comprehensive guide at a time when everyone needs expert guidance the most. Bertus Preller
- your rights when you get divorced, and the monetary aspects relating to divorce (including the consequences relating to assets and the divisions thereof);
- maintenance issues;
- all factors regarding the children, including how to implement a parenting plan, how much child maintenance will likely be required, and how to file for maintenance and child support;
- the procedures to obtain a protection order when there is domestic violence or abuse;
- an unmarried father's rights and how to acquire parental rights;
- the law on cohabitation, same-sex marriages, and how to draft a proper cohabitation agreement.
is an attorney at Abrahams and Gross in Cape Town, where he specialises in family and divorce law. He has been quoted on family law issues in various newspapers and magazines and also appears frequently on the SABC television show 3Talk
and national radio. His clients include artists, celebrities, sportspeople and high net-worth individuals. His areas of expertise are divorce law, family law, divorce mediation, parenting plans, parental responsibilities and rights, same-sex marriages, unmarried fathers' rights, domestic violence and abuse, and international divorce law.ISBN:
978 1 77022 529 9 | RRP:
R220.00 | CLASSIFICATION:
Business & Law, Family Advice
Available at all good book stores nationwide. For more information visit www.randomstruik.co.za