24.com continues to be acknowledged as a leader in digital publishing with eight wins at this year's Bookmarks Awards.
Last night the Artscape Theatre in Cape Town played host to the 2012 Bookmarks Awards. These annual Awards recognise the best in digital media and marketing in South Africa and this year the event clearly showed that the digital industry has upped its game.
Geoff Cohen, CEO of 24.com was at the event to support his team as they collected 24.com's awards. "We are always honoured to be recognised by the Bookmarks. This year's entries have been particularly awesome and a clear indicator of the growth in creativity, execution and overall engagement in the digital media space," said Cohen. "So we are particularly proud of our wins."
This year 24.com was recognised as a finalist in multiple categories - with 10 entries shortlisted for the final event. Of those entries, eight were winners. They are:
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Publisher Sites (Mass Appeal) > R5m Turnover: Bronze Awards for Food24, News24 and Sport24.
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Specialist Publisher Sites (smaller, niche audiences with < r5m="" turnover=""> Bronze Awards for Parent24 and Channel24.
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Publisher Mobile Site: A Bronze Award for m.news24.com.
- Applications and Tools - Tablet Publication: A Bronze Award for the News24 iPad app.
- Integrated/Mixed Media - Multi-platform Publisher: A Bronze Award for News24.
Says Cohen: "Each year the Bookmarks gives us the opportunity to look at our work and take stock. And this inevitably leads to exciting new developments and new products. We look forward to continuing the momentum and to working hard to remain the publishing leader in technology, content and community."
Posted on 2 Nov 2012 11:33