Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay and his daughter Matilda have developed a new range of kids' convenience meals, ‘Oh My Goodness!', exclusively for Checkers.
The new range, "approved by more than 200 fussy youngsters and busy moms", also comes with a no-junk promise. All meals are free from MSG, added sugar and salt and contain no added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. The meals consist of locally sourced vegetables and certified free-range beef and chicken.
“From the outset we were adamant that the range had to be packed with goodness, without compromising on taste. As a busy father to four children, Gordon Ramsay understood the challenge only too well,” commented Neil Schreuder, marketing director for Checkers.
The supermarket chain is so confident in the product that the new range even comes with a taste guarantee: if children do not like the taste, Checkers will refund the purchase.
There are currently five meals in the range, retailing for R29.99:
• Beefy Cottage Pie - free-range beef mince topped with buttery sweet potato mash
• Chicken, Bacon & Corn Pie - free-range chicken breast pieces with bacon and sweetcorn in a cheese sauce topped with sweet potato mash
• Cheesy Macaroni - creamy, cheesy cauliflower sauce with macaroni, topped with cheddar
• Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Veg - free-range chicken breast pieces in a cheesy sauce with broccoli, corn and nutty brown rice.
• Spaghetti Bolognaise - free-range beefy bolognaise sauce with whole-wheat spaghetti, topped with cheddar