With winter and the dreaded flu season around the corner, Discovery Health has teamed up with Uber to provide flu shots on-demand.
For one day only, Wednesday 18 April 2018, riders in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth will be able to request UberWellness on their app from 10:00 to 15:00, and will be met by a nurse who will administer a flu vaccine.
On the day, Discovery Health, Clicks and Dis-Chem have partnered to provide nurses who will be able to administer up to five individual vaccinations during one home or office visit. While the flu shots will be free, a once off charge of R100 will be charged directly to the rider’s Uber account to cover the cost of the home or office visit.
Discovery Vitality members will also earn 1,000 Vitality points for having their flu vaccine.
How it will work
- Open your Uber app between 10:00 - 15:00 on Wednesday, 18 April.
- Set your ‘pickup’ location.Swipe right on your vehicle options to the UberWellness option.
- Confirm your ride and if you are successful an accredited nurse will arrive to administer flu vaccinations for up to five people.
- You must be 18 years or older to request.
- The accredited nurse can administer up to five individual vaccinations at one visit, for a flat rate of R100.
- Available in selected areas of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
- The vaccine will be at no cost to you: you will only pay R100 to cover the cost of the trip when you request through the Uber app.
On the day, demand will be high and as such riders are urged to be patient when requesting. Should riders be unable to request for the flu vaccination on the day, Discovery Health encourages riders to visit their closest healthcare provider or Clicks and Dis-Chem clinic to get their flu vaccination as soon as possible.