Epica has announced its preselected entries for the 2018 competition with seven South African entries making the cut.
Founded in 1987, Epica is the only creative prize awarded by journalists working for marketing and communications magazines around the world.
The Epica Awards has announced that Mark Tutssel, executive chairman of Leo Burnett Worldwide, will be the first recipient of its Creative Leaders Tribute....
18 Oct 2018
There are 738 entries preselected in total this year. These finalists will go through to the grand jury, which will be held in Amsterdam, Netherlands, 12–15 November 2018.
South Africa has seven shortlisted entries:
- FoxP2 for National Geographic with "Life Beyond the Logo" in Media.
- King James Group for Sanlam with "2-Minute Shower Songs" in Public Interest - Environment
- M&C Saatchi Abel for Nando's with "#rightmyname" in Media Innovation - Traditional Media
- TBWA Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with "Breaking Ballet" in Branded Content - Film/series
- TBWA Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with "Breaking Ballet" in Recreation & Leisure
- TBWA Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg for Joburg Ballet with "Breaking Ballet" in Topical & real-time
- VML and Y&R for Cipla with "Bronki Booster" in Health & Beauty
Highest number of entries from Germany
This year Epica received 4,020 entries from 69 countries, a 20% increase on the previous year despite difficult market conditions. This was driven by the return of the Publicis Groupe networks, plus an enthusiastic response from Germany and Latin America.
Indeed, the highest number of entries came from Germany, followed by the United States and France. New countries this year included Iran and Morocco. In terms of networks, BBDO and McCann Worldgroup were particularly well represented.
The 32nd Epica Awards today announced brand and content director of Wallpaper* magazine, Tony Chambers as jury president, two new grand prix in resposibility and alternative media, and the competition's new advertising campaign by Wieden & Kennedy in Amsterdam...
22 Jun 2018
The rest of the shortlisted entries can be viewed here
. For more info on the Epica Awards, click here
.Disclaimer: Bizcommunity's Leigh Andrews was part of this year’s online judging panel. Note that the judges of the Epica Awards don’t see the entries from their own country.