One Show Awards
The One Club's Portfolio Night 14 selects young creative All-Stars
The Portfolio Night 14 All-Stars. © Portfolio Night website.
A highlight of this one-of-a-kind program is Portfolio Night All-Stars, where industry professionals from each city host select the single most outstanding young creative in their market with the best portfolio. These Portfolio Night All-Stars will be flown to New York in August, courtesy of The One Club, to work as a team on a creative brief for a major global brand.
Portfolio Night 14 All-Stars, as selected by leading professional creatives from their city hosts, are:
- Amsterdam (hosted by ADCN) — Jochem van Schip, 24, creative
- Atlanta (hosted by Edelman) — Cassandra Cheng, 27, designer
- Beijing (hosted by Serviceplan) — Genle Zhu, 23, designer
- Boston (hosted by Arnold Worldwide) — Tanvi Tandon, 24, copywriter
- Buenos Aires (hosted by El Círculo de Creativos Argentinos) — Mario Peñalosa, 24, art director
- Chicago (hosted by Chicago Portfolio School) — Gable Mansfield, 26, art director
- Cleveland (hosted by Brokaw) — Bradley Kelley, 22, designer
- Dubai (hosted by B&W Report) — David Sanchez, 29, copywriter
- Hamburg (hosted by Jung von Matt) — Tim Vischer, 24, photographer, videographer, art director
- London (hosted by Wieden+Kennedy) — Jay Daniells, 21, art director, designer
- Los Angeles (hosted by Sid Lee) — D. Jones, 29, copywriter
- Madrid (hosted by ZINK!) — Anxo Lopez Gonzalez, 31, copywriter
- Mumbai (hosted by Whyness Worldwide) — Arshi Sayed, 21, designer
- New York (hosted by Edelman) — Kushal Birari, 26, art director
- Perth (hosted by the Perth Advertising & Design Club) — Justin Borromei, 21, art director
- San Francisco (hosted by Edelman) — Caden Wright, 26, art director
- São Paulo (hosted by CP+B) — Ian Hartz, 29, art director
- Shanghai (hosted by Serviceplan) — Wu Qi Jin, 27, art director
- Stockholm (hosted by Perfect Fools) — Kevin Krooks, 25, art director
The next generation of creatives
“By all reports, the quality of portfolios and level of participant enthusiasm was truly impressive this year,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “As a global nonprofit organisation with a focus on professional development, it’s one of the highlights of our year to see the next generation of creatives show their stuff and provide ad and design professionals with the opportunity to give back to the industry and their local creative community by mentoring this young talent.”
Portfolio Night enables the best of the present – hundreds of renowned international creative directors – to meet and mentor the leaders of the future – thousands of aspiring young advertising and design creatives – in industry hubs around the world.
It’s a unique global event that serves as a high-visibility opportunity for agencies, schools and organisations to give back to the industry by guiding the earliest steps of future copywriters, art directors and technologists. Host agencies also benefit as Portfolio Night is a crucial tool for them in recruiting top young talent, provides them with recognition from local industry peers and gives them a place on the global stage as the ad world tunes into this one-of-a-kind annual event.